Sunday, April 10, 2016

Nail Tech Training

Hello everyone! I decided to do an extra post for all of you today. If you have been following the M.M.M blog then you know that I recently decided to go back to school to become a nail technician. The school I am going to has a 400hr program and and 600hr program, I am doing the 400hr program. Nail tech school or Cosmetology school is not like most colleges, it is not based on credits, it is based on hours, in school you do have class room time or theory (which also includes practice as well), then after a certain amount of hours you get to practice on real people or clients that come to the school.

As far as how school is going I am really enjoying it, I have a great teacher that really knows what she is doing and has been teaching us a lot.    

So far I have learned how to do Manicures; basic, spa and stone manicures.
Pedicures; basic, spa and stone.

Blended tips or nail tip application, Fiber glass or nail wraps. If you don't know what blended tip is, that is when you put a fake nail or nail tip on the natural nail with nail glue and blended it in with a file, so the nail looks natural, this is also meant to create length. Also if you don't know what Fiberglass is it is a way to add strength onto your blended tip with a piece of silk like wrap that is glued onto the nail with nail resin, then buffed with a file to make the nail smooth. Also fiberglass is not used very often but we still learn it in school.

Next we have learned acrylics; overlay which is meant to add strength to the nails not length, pink and white which just look like a french manicure with white tips and the rest of the nail is pink. Then we learned sculpting that is when you take a nail form and sculpt the nail tip with acrylic, also to add length. 

Here are some photos of the acrylic sculpting that we did in class today, this was my first time doing this so it not perfect.   
     
Only two nail have acrylic on them the index and middle finger nail. Also we have a handequin or mannequin hand that we practice on along with classmates for now. The products we use is called Clarite (by OPI) it is an odorless product and dries slower, unlike traditional acrylics that have an odor and dry faster. 

 

 
 
Some close ups of the acrylic sculpting, it okay for my first try still need a lot of practice. The other acrylic methods I have done I did not take photos of. I just thought I would share this with all of you.
I still have some other things to learn like gel polish, nail art, and I am not sure what else right now. 

Hope all of you enjoyed this post and maybe even learned a little something!

See you next time for more nail fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment