Friday, April 22, 2016

Live Love Polish- Review Time

Hello everyone! Today I have a kind of long over do review of some polishes that I purchased back in February, from the online company Live Love Polish. They are a polish company that has a lot of indie brands and some mainstream brands as well, they of course sell nail polishes, nail care items, even some lipsticks.

Live Love Polish Review  
   Here is the cute pink box that your polishes will be shipped to you in. A long with a cute card with a message in it, my card said Thanks Christina Happy Polishing! 
The card was a nice touch!

Live Love Polish Review
 When you open the box you can see your polishes are protected by some foam and will come to you in good condition. 

Now let's take a closer look at the four polishes!

Pretty & Polished- Donut Ever Let Me Go 
 Pretty & Polished- Donut Ever Let Me Go

First we will start off with one of the two Pretty & Polished polishes that I purchased, Donut Ever Let Me Go. This polish I wore in Who Wants Dessert tutorial, I have only wore this polish for this tutorial not on it's own as of yet.

Donut Ever Let Me Go is a pretty strawberry/ light pink crelly polish that has a lot of multicolored bar glitters in it. Do to this polish being a crelly it is kind of sheer and took three coats to be opaque. The glitter in the polish was easy to get out, you don't have to fish to get any glitter out, a lot comes out on the brush. I really liked this polish, it is unique and after all it does look like icing on a donut, which makes it so cool!

Here is a link to purchase this polish:

Pretty & Polish Donut Ever Let Me Go  cost $12.00

Petty & Polished Double, Double Toil and Truffle  
 Petty & Polished Double, Double Toil and Truffle 

Next is Pretty & Polished Double, Double Toil and Truffle, which unfortunately is unavailable on the Live Love Polish website, but maybe if you keep looking they will bring it back. This is another polish that I only wore with the Who Wants Dessert tutorial.

Double, Double Toil and Truffle is a chocolate brown crelly polish, with small and large hex gold glitter in it. This polish also was kind of sheer and took three coats to be opaque

If you have been following the M.M.M blog for a while, then you know I don't really like browns and neutral polishes, and you may wonder why I got this polish? Well as you may know I love unique looking polishes and this one reminded me of chocolate, which is so cool, so I just had to purchase it and give it a try.

Double, Double Toil and Truffle I also really liked, it is a pretty chocolate looking polish, and if you love chocolate and nail polish like me then this polish is perfect for you.

As stated above this polish is unavailable right now, but here is a link to the Dessert for nails collection that you can check on to see if it will come back.

Pretty & Polished-Dessert for Nails Collection 

Double, Double Toil and Truffle was $10.99 when I purchased it.

 Powder Perfect Forbidden City
Powder Perfect Forbidden City Powder Perfect Forbidden City

The next polish I purchased was from Powder Perfect Forbidden City. This polish is a burgundy or red wine colored polish that has a lot of micro glitter pieces in it, which makes this polish very textured. This polish took two coats to be opaque, and had a very thick formula due to all the glitter.

This polish for me was sadly a let down. When I looked at the photos on the website and online this polish looked amazing! Yes this polish goes on very textured, but when I applied it on the nails it was very dull. In the photo above I applied two coats of top coat to try and get it to look glossy like the photo on the website, but it just was not working and I really didn't want to add anymore layers of topcoat.

With this polish maybe if you used a thicker topcoat or applied maybe three generous layers you could get it to look glossy and shinny, like the photo on their website.

Forbidden City looks very pretty in the bottle, but was just not working out on the nails. Do to me spending a lot on this polish I will give it another go, maybe with a different topcoat or more coat of my favorite topcoat.



Color Club Crystal Baller 
 Color Club Crystal Baller
       Color Club Crystal Baller

Last but far from lest is Color Club's Crystal Baller. This is a denim blue or a blue/ with some purple, linear holographic polish. This polish goes on very smooth in two coats.

As you may know any holographic polish I love! After all it's like having a rainbow on your nails and they look amazing in sunlight! Just be careful when driving on a sunny day while wearing a holographic polish, they can become very distracting. 

As you may have guess I loved this polish, all of the Color Club polishes I own have great formula and apply very well. Really any holographic polish applies very well (well at lest the ones I have.) 

As soon as I wrote this blog post the next day this polish was sold out (sadness), but it has come back before so if you are interested keep a look out for it, it is very popular and sells out very fast when it is back in stock.

Another alternative would be Color Clubs Over the Moon a blue holographic polish  

Color Club-Crystal Baller  cost $10.00 (keep looking for this one!)
As far as Live Love Polish goes, I do recommend them. They have a good selection of unique indie brand nail polishes (along with some main stream.) Shipping was also very good it did not take a long time to get, I chose the free shipping option, if you are ordering from the US and  your order comes to $39 or more, which can easily be done you can get free shipping. A lot of their polishes are kind of pricey, but I feel that if they are unique enough I will pay a little bit more for a unique looking polish. Also if you are a first time buyer at Live Love Polish you can get 10% off, and their has been a few time that they have sent me 10% in my email as well.

Lastly out of the four polishes I purchased my favorite is of course Color Clubs Crystal Baller, then Pretty & Polished- Donut Ever Let Me Go and  Double, Double Toil and Truffle. I recommend all three of these polishes.  

Here is a link if you are interested in checking out Live Love Polish:


Hope all off you enjoyed this review of Live Love Polish!

See you next time for more nail fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment