For New Year's most nail designs have a dark/ black base color and add some glitter and a pop of color. For this tutorial I deiced to stick with that theme, with a black base and subtle bits of glitter, along with subtle bits of holographic polish.
Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!
Final 2014 design.
The polishes and nail tools used for this New years design:
Top coat and base coat - Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat, Nicole OPI- 3in1- base, top, & strengthener.
Nail polishes- Sally Hansen- Hard as Nails- black heart, Color Club- Mini- Silver Glitter, Color Club Holo's- Harp on, Color Club- Holo's- Cloud Nine, Color Club- Holo's- Blue Heaven, Milani- Holographic Cyperspace, Nails Inc- Sapphire, and Nails Inc- Pink Diamond.
Nail art tools- Small glass jar with nail polish remover in it, to clean off nail art brushes, and a nail art stripper, I cleaned off and used the one that is in the nail art polishes.
The Skill level for this New Year's nail design is:
This New Year's design is very simple and great for people that might just be starting off with nail design, or just looking for something simple to create on their nails. This design is simple do to the fact that two of the fingers just being a glitter gradient, and the other consisting of very thin lines.
Now let's begin this party perfect nail design!
1. Start off with a thin layer of base coat.
2. Paint all of your nails a dark color, black or a dark blue.
3. First we will start off by doing a glitter gradient on the index and ring finger. Take your silver glitter polish and the brush that is in the polish, and paint a little bit of glitter, more at the top and a little at the bottom of the nail.
4. Then after you have just a little bit of glitter painted on the nail, paint a little more at the tips of the nail. This can also be done by sponging on glitter with a makeup sponge, but I just wanted to put a subtle amount of glitter, and when you sponge on the glitter it can end up going on a little bit thick.
5. For the other nails, the thumb, middle and pinky, we will be making a holographic line design. On each nail you paint thin lines starting from a comer of the nail, each nail I started from different corners to have a little bit of a different look for each nail. To make this design take a thin nail art stripper dipped in a blue holographic polish, or any color, start at a corner of the nail and slowly drag your nail art stripper down.
Here is the thumb nail design, where I stared from the side using a silver holographic polish.
6. For a final touch and a little bit more pop of color. Take a glitter polish that is the same color as the holographic polish and in the corner where all the lines met, dab a little bit of glitter polish.
As you can see in the final photo, on the thumb I used a silver holographic polish for the line design, then in the corner where all the lines met, I put a little bit of silver glitter polish. The middle finger I used a blue holographic (which is a little hard to tell that it is blue in the photo) and then put a little bit it of blue glitter on the corner. Lastly for the pinky nail I used a purple holographic polish,with purple glitter in the corner.
Right hand nail design, where I switched the colors around and for
the thumb used a different blue holographic polish.
As always once your nail design have dried finish it off with a top coat, to make sure it last though your New Year's celebration.
Hope all of you have a wonderful and safe New Year's and I look forward to sharing and creating more nail tutorials with all of you, in the up and coming New Year!