Friday, December 9, 2016

Zoya Urban Grunge Fall Winter 2016

Hello everyone! Today on the M.M.M blog we will be reviewing some new polishes from Zoya, the Urban Grunge collection for Fall and Winter 2016. These polishes have been out for a while now, but I just recently decided to order them from Zoya.com. I have been eyeing these beauties for a while, due to the collection have holographic polish in them, that automatically garbed my attention. 

Zoya Urban Grunge Metallic Holos Collection Fall & Winter 2016
  Zoya Urban Grunge Metallic Holos Collection Fall & Winter 2016
 
This collection has Holographic and Metallic polishes in it along with cream polishes as well (which I did not purchase). When it comes to swatching polishes, I do it different then most bloggers. I like to wear my polish for a week, not just long enough to swatch and take a photo. So for the six polishes in the collection I put all of the colors on my nails, that way I can wear them all at once. 

First we will start off with the holographic polishes, their are three holographic polishes in this collection. All of these holographic polishes are scattered holos. 

Zoya Urban Grunge Holo's, Alicia 
 Zoya Alicia 

First let's start off with Alicia, this is a silver holo with a touch of gold in it. According to the website this is a linear holo, which I don't see, to me this looks like a scattered holo.
The polish had a smooth application that applied for me in three thin coats. This polish was kind of sheer, but in three coats built up nicely. 

Link to Zoya.com if you would like to purchase:Zoya Alicia $10 

Zoya Urban Grunge Holo's, Merida 
 Zoya Merida

Merida is a dark green/ evergreen scattered holo, this polish is a great Christmas tree green. This also had a smooth application, that cover for me in three thin coats. This polish you can probably get away with two coats, but I thought I would do three to make sure it was opaque enough.


Zoya Urban Grunge Holo's, Finley 
Zoya Finley

Finley is a deep/ dark purple scattered holo. Purple is one of my favorite colors (along with blue) so I was really excited about this polish. This polish once again had a smooth application (this is a running theme), that cover the nail in three thin coats, you could also probably get away with two with this polish as well.


Zoya Urban Grunge Holo's    Zoya Urban Grunge Holographic Polishes

Final thoughts on the Holographic polishes, as all of you may have guessed I love them! They are all so beautiful, applied really well, and just look amazing in sunlight. I would say my favorite would be Finley the purple, then Alicia the silver, Merida I really like a lot to which I was surprised, I don't usually care for green, but this polish looks amazing! For all of these polishes I would highly recommend purchasing these.
Next we have the metallic polishes from the collection.

Zoya Urban Grunge Metallic's, Ash  
 Zoya Ash

Ash is described as a cherry red with gold metallic shimmer. The color of this polish seems to look different to me depending on the lighting, sometimes it looks red, sometime more of a burgundy. On the website and other people that have swatched this polish, it looks more red. So this polish is a little weird to me because of that. Ash applied smooth and covered in two thin coats.

Zoya Ash  $10

Zoya Urban Grunge Metallic, Troy
   Zoya Troy

Troy is described as a pewter with a touch of black and gold, with a foil finish. I would say this polish looks like a gunmetal gray with some sliver a black shimmer in it. Troy applied very smooth in two thin coats.

Zoya Troy $10 

Zoya Urban Grunge Metallic, Britta  
  Zoya Britta 

Britta is described as a berry red and purple fuchsia. I would say this polish looks like berry purple or even burgundy too. In certain light Ash a Britta look like the same color polish or very close in color, at lest to me. This polish once again applied very smooth in two thin coats. 


 Zoya Urban Grunge Metallic 
   Zoya Urban Grunge Metallic Polishes 

Final thought on the metallic polishes, I also really liked these as well. I would defiantly say that the holos in this collection where my favorite, but these where very beautiful as well. I did kind of have a hard time capture the metallic (the most) when I was trying to take photos, they wanted to be very reflective and kept on showing up blurry, but I think I final got the photos to look good. Hopefully I was able to show the true of these polishes. 

As for the Urban Grange polish collection as a whole. I would highly recommend these polishes both the holos and the metallic are very beautiful and applied very well. As I have said other times that I have purchased Zoya polishes, I love all of their polish and will continue to purchase them, I would go for a Zoya polish over OPI any day.    

These polishes would make a great gift for any polish lover (or your self) that love shimmer/ shinny polish, and who wouldn't? 

Like all the polishes in the collection?
Here is a link to purchase all of the polishes, they are full size polishes       


For some reason that you don't care for shimmer polishes here is a link to their creme polishes.


I know this collection is kind of pricey, Zoya also went up on their prices of polish I think over a year ago. But as always be on the look out for deal on their website, or sign up for their emails would be the best.

Hope all of you enjoyed this review of Zoya Urban Grange Holo and Metallic collection for Fall and Winter!

See you next time for more nail fun!  
        

No comments:

Post a Comment