Friday, August 26, 2016

Underwater Seascape- Waterfall Nail Design

Hello everyone! Today we will be creating a simple design. This design is actually called a waterfall design, but when I was practice it earlier this week, it looked kind of like an abstract underwater seascape and not so much a waterfall.
Anyways for this design I wanted to incorporate two colors from the Essie Summer 2016 collection, mainly Viva Antigua and some of the color Loot the Booty. These colors went great for the seascape theme. 

Waterfall/ Seascape Nail Design, Essie Viva Antigua and Loot the Booty     Underwater Seascape or Waterfall Nail Design 
using Essie Viva Antigua and Loot the Booty.

Here are the polishes and tools used for this seascape nail design:

  

Base and Top Coat- CND Stickey Base Coat and  Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat

Nail polishes- Essie- Viva Antigua! and Essie- Loot the Booty.

Nail art striping polish- Kiss nail art striper- Silver.

Nail art tools- a thin nail art striper brush and a small dotting tool.

Other- a small glass jar with nail polish remover or acetone to clean off your nail art brushes.

Let's start this simple seascape/ waterfall nail design!  

As always start off with a base coat on all of your nails, to protect them and to help your manicure last.

Waterfall/ Seascape Nail Design, Essie Viva Antigua and Loot the Booty 
Underwater Seascape Nail Design 

First we start off by paint all of our nails with a shimmery turquoises (Essie Viva Antigua!) This polish has a gold shimmer in it. This time when I went to apply the polish it kind of was thick, it may have been do to the fact that I felt warm and the room was a little warm. I did put some thinner in the polish, which helped but this polish should not have been thick because it is still new and I have only used it a few times.  

For the actual design part, it is very simple it consists mainly of random curved lines. I did base this design off of a design I found I Pinterest, but when it came to actually doing the design I just painted the lines randomly and it came out looking quite nice.

For the curved lines, using a thin striper brush with a dark blue (Essie Loot the Booty), starting from the center of the nail near the cuticle make one curved line, then make a few more on each side of the nail. Their was not a curtain number of lines that I did. Also some of the larger lines I added a few small lines to that.

Once you have all the blue lines that you want and that is dry, take a silver stripering polish and draw just a few curved lines near/ next to the blue ones, if some of the sliver lines overlap that is okay. 

Then with a small dotting tool, with that same silver polish make a few dots near the tip of the nail. In the middle on the thumb I put three dots and then on the sides I put two dots, for the other nail I put two dots in the center and one on the side.

Waterfall/ Seascape Nail Design, Essie Viva Antigua and Loot the Booty 
 Underwater Seascape Nail Design 

Once your design has dried apply a top coat to seal in your design and to protect your nails. 

Waterfall/ Seascape Nail Design, Essie Viva Antigua and Loot the Booty 
 Underwater Seascape Nail Design 

The polishes from the Essie Summer collection Viva Antigua! and Loot the Booty, along with a silver polish looked really nice for a seascape design. I think the small dots kind of look like bubbles. Even though this design was meant to be a waterfall design, I think the underwater seascape workout. Do you think this looks like a seascape or a waterfall?

Here is a link to the Paradise found- tropical design that I also used the Essie Summer 2016 collection.

Also in the last tutorial that I used this collection, I forgot to include where you can find these polishes. 

Essie summer collection mini set $17.00 at Ulta, mini's 4x 0.16fl oz

Essie.com $8.50 each, regular size 13.5 ml, 4.6 fl oz

Target $8.99 each, size 13.5 ml, 4.6 fl oz

Or where Essie polishes are sold.

Hope all of you enjoy this Underwater Seascape or Waterfall nail design!

Also hope that all of you have been liking how I have been doing the tutorials, even though they don't show photos of each step, I still try to explain each step.  

See you next time for more nail fun!     

No comments:

Post a Comment