Friday, February 5, 2016

What's Your Birthstone? KBShimmer Birthstone Review



Hello everyone! Hope all of you enjoyed the Nail Butter review, if you have not checked out that post you can check it out after this post. For our second post we will be reviewing/ going over two of the polishes from the indie brand KBShimmer. At the beginning of 2016 KBShimmer released their Birthstone collection, with 12 beautiful shimmery polishes.

  KBShimmer Birthstone Collection Peridot and Aquamarine  KBShimmer Birthstone Collection Peridot and Aquamarine   

I only purchase two of the polishes from the collection; Peridot the August birthstone, which is my birthstone and Aquamarine which is my hubby's birthstone. I only purchase these two from the collection due to the price, it would have been kind of pricey to buy the whole collection. 

All the polishes in this collection have metallic holographic flakes, with micro glitters in the polishes and have a color base to match your birthstone.   

Let's take a closer look at Peridot and Aquamarine!

KBShimmer Birthstone Collection Peridot 
KBShimmer Birthstone Collection Peridot 
  KBShimmer Birthstone Collection Peridot

Peridot is the August birthstone. This polish is a pale lime green with silver metallic holographic flakes, and micro glitters. For me this was opaque in three thin coats, but can be opaque in two. This color is amazing and looks even better in bright sunlight.

 KBShimmer Birthstone Collection Aquamarine
 KBShimmer Birthstone Collection Aquamarine
 KBShimmer Birthstone Collection Aquamarine

Aquamarine is the March birthstone. This polish is a pale blue with silver metallic holographic flakes, and micro glitters as well. Once again this polish was opaque for me in three thin coats, but can be opaque in two. This polish also was very beautiful and looks amazing in the sun.
  
As for the polishes them self I really like, they are both very beautiful and unique, which is the great thing about indie brands, they have more unique polishes then mainstream brands. 

Both of these polishes I purchased from Harlow & Co. for $7.55 each and $5.21 for shipping, with a total of $15.10 all together.

I have made a purchase from Harlow & Co before and had a good experience, the four polishes I ordered came quick. This time around it did take a little longer it took about three weeks to get my polishes. Around week two I got an email saying my order was shipped, and by the end of the week I sill had not got my order. But by week three I did final get my order. Also I didn't get a tacking number to track my order, this is a Canadian company but I still would have like to have had a tracking number to know where my order was. Other wise I do like Harlow & Co.    

Here is a link to the KBShimmer collection on Harlow & Co: (Currently some of the polishes are sold out on this site)

Here is the link directly to KBShimmer website:
     

Just a side note, about the lighting that I have been using:  

I recently purchase a daylight light bulb to try to capture the true beauty of the polishes. I have not only been trying to improve my nail designs and polishing, but I also keep trying to improve my photos as well. This has been a on going process that can always be improved on. Before I would take my final photo by a window for natural light, but due to where I live I can't always depend on natural sunlight. So I thought I would give the daylight light bulb a try.

Hope all of you enjoyed this KBShimmer Birthstone review!

See you next time for more nail fun!   

No comments:

Post a Comment