Friday, January 23, 2015

It's Freezing Outside- Blue glitter gradient

Hello everyone! For this weeks post I wanted to create a winter themed nail design for all of you. It has been another cold and snowy winter (at least where I live) and I thought I would show all of you a simple blue glitter gradient design, to help all of you get through this cold winter with some cool nail designs.

glitter gradient nail design
 Final winter/ freezing nail design, left hand


 Here are the polishes and nail tools used to create this blue glitter gradient nail design:

Top coat and base coat - Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat and - Nicole OPI-  3in1- base, top, & strengthener.

Nail polishes- Sinful Color- Cinderella, NYC- Water street blue, JulieG- Blueberry Fizz- texture, Color Club- Halo's- Blue Heaven, 
Cover Girl- Boundless color- Disco dazzle (this polish you can't find in stores, this is an old polish that I have that is still good, but you can find ones that are very similar to this in stores.)
,and Color Club-  Mini- Silver Glitter.

Nail art tools- Makeup sponge for gradient

* I decided to retake the nail polish photos. I have been using a different set up to take photos of the polishes and the final nail design, that hopefully looks a little bit better. 


The Skill level for this blue glitter gradient nail design is:
Beginner Basic

This is a very simple nail design that is great for beginners. This design consist of just painting your nails a solid color of light blue, then sponging on a little bit darker blue, then adding glitter with large and small glitter pieces, then for a final touch add a little more glitter on the tips of the nail.

Now let's begin this winter/ freezing nail design! 

*Just a tip, it is best to work quickly to try and get the two colors to blend together as best as you can.


1. Start off with a thin layer of base coat.

Last week when I did the post about the Zoya dream box, I actually broke my index nail on my left hand at work. Unsure if you can tell from last weeks post and this week, I had to cut my nails a little bit shorter then I usually do. But luckly I was able to save most of my nail, even though at first I thought I broke it in a bad spot.  


2. Paint all of your nails a light blue, except for your ring finger this will be the accent nail. On the left hand I paint the ring finger with a blue textured polish and then the right ring finger nail with a blue holographic polish, just to change things up a little bit.

3. Next take you makeup sponge and cut a small piece of it, then paint a small bit of the sponge with a little bit darker blue polish. 

4. Then take your sponge and dab the polish on the nail, the tip of the nail should have more polish/ be darker, then the color should almost fade into the lighter blue, by dabbing less polish on the nail the farther you go on the nail.

5. For this step you do not need to wait for the blue polish that you just sponged to dry. You take a glitter polish that has small and large glitter pieces in it and right away polish over the blue that you just sponged on. This can help to blend in the color. 

6. For a final touch take another glitter polish that has small glitter pieces and paint the just tips of your nails, for more of a frosty look. 

blue glitter gradient nail design
Left nail design with Julie G- Blueberry Fizz textured polish on the ring finger. 
Right nail design with Color Club- Holographic- Blue Heaven on the ring finger.

Once your nail design has dried dried finish off this look with a top coat. Now you have a beautiful winter theme nail design, that will hopefully take away your winter blues, well at least until the weather gets warmer. 

blue glitter gradient nail design

 Hope all of you enjoyed this winter/ freezing nail design and try to stay warm for the next few months of winter we have left.

See you next time for my next design tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment