Friday, November 14, 2014

The search continues- For a good base coat

Hello everyone! As you may know if you have been reading my post for a while now, I have been trying for a while to find a good base coat with no luck. Then, after a doing some research online and seeing a lot of good reviews about all the formals for this strengthener, I thought I would give OPI nail envy- nail strengthener for sensitive and peeling nails a try. 


  OPI nail envy- nail strengthener for sensitive and peeling nails

At Ulta for $17.95 with tax $19.03! 

I have been using this strengthener and base coat for about three to four weeks. I have the problem with my nails peeling way too much on the tips of my nails and I thought this would be a good base coat to try and help this problem. Unfortunately after using this for a few weeks I notice when trying to apply nail color over this base coat, it made my nail color 
thick and streaky. At first I was not sure if I just did not let it dry enough, so I tried applying it overnight knowing that it would be dry, but once again it did the same thing. Once this kept happening I decided to return it back to Ulta. 

    
I had really high hope for this strengthener/ base coat because of all the good review I had read. As for the strengthener part I am unsure if it really did anything do to the fact that I didn't us this product for very long. For the strengthener part it might work well if you don't wear nail polish all the time and are able to reapply the strengthener every day like it says in the instructions. 

  Here are the different OPI nail treatments for each nail type.  

With any product just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it would be the same for everyone. If you are willing to spend a little more money on nail products, OPI does have a few nail treatments for many different nail types that might fit your needs.

Nicole OPI-  3in1- base, top, & strengthener

Once again my search continues for a good base coat. After I returned the OPI nail envy, I went to CVS and found the Nicole OPI-  3in1- base, top, & strengthener, that I tough I would give a try. This all in one would probably be good for some one that does not want to buy separate top coat and base coat that just want it all in one bottle. For me I will be using it as a base coat  and see how the strengthener works out. Also this all in one is a much better price then the OPI nail envy. The Nicole OPI-  3in1- base, top, & strengthener cost $8.29 at CVS and I think you can find it cheaper at Target for around $5. So far I have only used this two times, but once again I will keep you all posted about how well this works out.


See you next time for more nail fun!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment