Friday, May 11, 2018

Safe In My Shell- Turtle Nail Design

Hello everyone! Sorry that once again I have gone missing for a few weeks, life has just been kind of stressful and allergy season has really been bad for me. Anyways for this week we will be creating a cute turtle nail design, this design is inspired by my favorite online T-shirt company TeeTurtles. They have the cutest mascot, a turtle and I thought it would be cool to create a turtle nail design inspired by their mascot. 

Turtle Nail Design 
Turtle Nail Design (Cute TeeTurtle Plushies)   

Here are the polishes and nail art tools used for the cute turtle nail design:  

 

Base and Top Coat- CND Stickey Base Coat and Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat.

Polishes- Colors by llarowe- Arturo, KBShimmer- Peridot- August Birthstone, OPI Hawaii- My Gecko Does Tricks, and Sinful Color- HD Nails.

Acrylic paint- black, green, and yellow.

Nail art brushes- thin detail brush and a stripper brush.

Other- small cup of water to clean off your nail art brushes.

Let start this cute turtle nail design!

Turtle Nail Design  
Turtle shell nail design

As always start off with a thin layer of base to protect your nails and to help your polish to last. As always I used CND Stickey Base Coat, I love this base coat and don't want/ need to try any more base coats.

Let your base coat dry.

Once that has dried, we will polish our base colors, on your thumb,index, ring and pinky finger nail, polish that a light blue (I used Colors by llarowe- Arturo) and for your middle finger nail, polish that with a glittery green polish (I used KBShimmer- Peridot- August Birthstone.) Also for some reason the two KBShimmer birthstone polishes that I purchased a few years ago changed colors, which has never happen to any of my polishes.

Once your polishes has dried on to the fun part, the nail art. On the index and ring finger nail we will be create the turtle's shell. I used two different colored green polishes but you don't have to. On the index nail take a dark green polish (I used Sinful Color- HD Nails) and make a circle shape with the brush that is in the polish. Then if you would like, do the same thing with that same polish or a light green (I used OPI Hawaii- My Gecko Does Tricks) on the ring finger nail.

 Turtle Nail Design
 Turtle shell nail design, left hand 

 Turtle Nail Design
 Turtle shell nail design, right hand

Let the green circles dry and then with black paint outline the circle, then in the middle you can create a diamond shape or a rectangle in the middle of the circle, then make four lines going from each corner of the diamond or rectangle out toward the circle. 

Turtle Nail Design   Turtle on thumb nail 

Last but not least is the cute turtle on the thumb nail. Make a medium size circle in the middle of the nail for his head and fill that in twice to be fully opaque, then make an oval shape for his body fill in his tummy with yellow, them make two arms and two legs, then on his tummy make a checker board pattern. Then lastly make to black dots for his eyes and a curved line for his smile. 

Turtle Nail Design 
      Turtle Nail Design

Once you have your cute turtle nail design the way you like apply a top coat to seal in your design and help it to last. 

Turtle Nail Design 
Turtle Nail Design, right hand design

Also here is the design that I created on my right hand, basically the same design just the turtle shells have rectangle in the middle. 

Hope all of you enjoyed this cute turtle nail design! 

See you next time for more nail fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment