Friday, March 17, 2017

Unicorns Are Real? Unicorn Nail Design

Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of post last week, in the area that I live in their was a bad wind storm that knocked out power for almost a million people and we had no power for a few days, some people almost a week. Also last week I just felt like taking a break from blogging, so it ended up working out. Anyways did all of you know that unicorns are real? They are the one that make holographic polish, and the wonderful rainbows that are in them, or maybe not I just thought that would be a fun/ weird way to introduce this weeks tutorial. As you may have guessed we are creating a cute holographic inspired, unicorn design. 

Unicorn Nail Design  
Unicorns are real? 

 Here are the nail polishes and tools used for this unicorn nail design:

  
Base and Top coat - CND Stickey Base Coat and Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat.

Nail polishes- Color Club Halo's- Harp on, KBShimmer- Blue- d Lines, China glaze- white on white, Zoya- Estelle, Zoya- Renee- Redbook trio, Sinful Color-Let's Meet, and Sinful Color- HD Nails. 

Acrylic paints- black, white, blue, red, green, and yellow.

Nail art tools- large dotting tool, thin liner brush, long thin liner brush, and a small detail brush (for small lines). 

Other- glass jar with water and a small jar with acetone to clean nail art brushes.

Let's start this magical nail design!

*Just a side note, for all of the nail designs that I do I jump around from one part of the design to the other (or nails). I do this just to wait for each part to dry before I move on. So I will paint the unicorn body, then go the rainbow, then back to the unicorn to add the details.  

Unicorn Nail Design, Rainbow   
Rainbow design 

As always start off with a thin layer of base coat.

When that has dried polish your thumb nail with a silver holographic polish, and your other nails with a blue holographic polish, then let that dry.

First we will start off with the rainbow that will go across three of your nails; the index, middle, and ring finger nail. For this part try to make sure that your rainbow lines up as much as you can ( this can be hard to do.)

I started first with the index nail, middle, then ring finger nail, using acrylic paint as just an outline, then later went in with nail polish.

First make a curved blue line on the index nail, then a curved line on the middle nail, then on the ring finger nail. I did this one at a time on each nail, then went on to the next color.

Repeat this step for each color of the rainbow. I only used four colors, you can use more or different colors. 

Once your acrylic paint has dried, you can go over that with nail polish in the same colors, or if you are brave enough you can start off with nail polish. I personally like to start off with acrylic paint, just in case I make a mistake. 

Then once your rainbow has dried you can make a cloud under it. With a large dotting tool make two dots at the top and two at the bottom, and one on each side, then you have a cloud. 

Unicorn Nail Design, clouds      Cloud nail design

On your pinky nail you can leave that with just the blue holo, or you can make two or more  clouds on the nail. I made big and a little cloud on this nail.

Unicorn Nail Design 
 Unicorn nail design

I thought I would save the hard part for last, the cute little unicorn. I did have trouble myself with this one, when I first started to paint this on my nail it just was not looking right, so I did have to redo this one. 

First take your detail brush with white paint and make the shape of her body, staring with the head and then the body, also make two triangles for her ears and one in the middle for her horn.  

For the final design, I made the little feet first. If you don't have pink you can make it by mixing red and white. Then make two large circles on the sides of her body, then two small ones in the center.

Now for the tricky part outlining. Take a thin liner brush with black paint on and outline the head and body, along with her ears and horn. Then where the middle feet are make four lines for her legs, and then outline the feet as well.

Next will be do more detail, For her eyes take a large dotting tool with black paint on it and make two eyes near the top of her head. If needed you can make her eyes bigger with a brush. Once that has dried make two white dots in the center of her eyes.

For her nose just make two small curved lines under her eyes.

Then for her smile make a curved line under her nose and one small curved line on the side.  

For her hair with a light blue and pink paint (or whatever color you would like) on a thin brush make small lines for her hair. I also added a few black lines a well, just for a outline. Also for her horn just add a few blue and black lines.

For her tail, using that same light blue and pink on a thin brush make a few curved lines for her hair, then outline that in black as well.

Unicorn Nail Design, with a rainbow and clouds   
      Unicorn nail design

Once your cute nail design has dried apply a top coat, to protect your nails and to help your design to not chip as fast. 

rainbow and clouds nail design
Rainbow and clouds nail design

As usual I have been doing a simple version on my right hand, because I have trouble doing designs on my right hand, and painting the unicorn was hard enough on my left hand. The only thing different I did on my right hand, was I put different size clouds on the thumb nail. 

 Unicorn nail design
 Practice version of the unicorn design

I also wanted to include the practice version of this design as well, because the unicorn turned out super cute and adorable, and I thought it was worth showing. If I was to do this design again I would have made the unicorn smaller and her head bigger like in the practice version. But I still think the final version tuned out just as cute.    

Hope all of you enjoyed this cute and holo filled unicorn nail design, and now you know that unicorns are real (maybe!)

Some people say that holo is made from unicorns them self, but no need to worry no unicorns where harmed in the making of this design.

See you next time for more nail fun!    

No comments:

Post a Comment