Peacock Nail Designs. Design inspired by Pinterest Peacock photo
Here are the polishes and tools used for this peacock design:
Base and Top coat- Nicole OPI- 3in1- base, top, & strengthener and Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat.
Nail polishes- Sinful Color- Gorgeous, KBShimmer- Up and Cunning, Revlon- blue mosaic, Zoya- Charla, and Kiss nail art stripper- Silver.
Acrylic paint- blue, black, and white.
Nail art tools- thin slanted nail art brush, and a latex free makeup sponge.
Other- a cup of water to clean off your brush.
The skill level for this Peacock nail design is:
This design is simple. The only part that has some small details is the ring finger nail, with the peacock feather. Although this does have some small details they are simple curved lines.
Let's start this colorful peacock nail design!
1. Start off with a base coat to protect your nails.
2. Then we will paint our nails with some shimmery teal colors. On the pinky, middle, and index finger paint your nails with a shimmer teal, I used Sinful Color- Gorgeous. Then on the ring and thumb nail we will paint them with a teal holographic polish, I used KBShimmer- Up and Cunning.
3. Next we will sponge on a bluish teal color with a metallic shimmer(I used Zoya's Charla) on to just the index, middle, and pinky nails. Take a makeup sponge that is cut into a small piece, you don't need all of the sponge a small piece will work just fine. Then paint the color onto the sponge, and then dab the sponge on to the nail tip, then just go slightly up the nail to create a gradient. You may need to repeat this step two more times for the color to be opaque enough.
4. Now we will start the peacock feather on the ring finger nail. Take your thin nail art brush dipped into blue acrylic paint and make a line going up the nail, then a circle at the top, and two curved lines on the sides. The way it looks right now is kind of like a stick figure with his hand in the air.
5. For the next step it is a little hard to show step by step of how to create the peacock feather, due to their being a lot of small little lines, but I will try to explain it. First we need to mix together our different shades of blue. First squirt some blue, black, and white on to a piece of paper or a piece of foil. Then take your blue and a small about of black and mix them together to make a dark blue, then take some more blue and add some white to it to make a light blue. Now you can start to make different curved lines going up your stick figure looking shape. I really had no order of how I put the colors I just started to paint a lot of curved lines.
Also for this step you can always add a little more or less of each color while painting to make the color you want.
Final peacock nail design.
6. After you finish that side go onto the other side that is closes to your finger and repeat the last step. Also if you would like you can add some sliver to your feather, by taking a silver nail art stripper and just make a few sliver lines on the feather.
7. To finish off this look you can always stop here or if you want a little more glitz, you can add some glitter polish to the gradient. Once again take a small piece of makeup sponge and paint a blue, green, sliver glitter polish onto the sponge (I used Revlon- blue mosaic.) You may need to do this one more time, so that their is enough glitter or you can just take the brush that came in the bottle and paint some glitter on after sponging on the first layer.
As for the thumb nail I just left it as is with just a holographic polish on it.
Then once everything has dried apply a top coat to protect your beautiful bright nail design.
Hope all of you enjoyed this bright peacock nail design!
See you next time for more bright and fun nail designs!