Friday, June 8, 2018

Showers Bring Sunflowers- Sunflower Nail Design

Hello everyone! Today we will be celebrating the warm/ nice weather that finally decided to stick around. We will be creating a sunflower nail design on our nails, which will be great for the spring or summer time.

Sunflower Nail Design
  Sunflower Nail Design

Here are the nail polishes and nail art tools for this sunflower nail design. 

 
Base and Top coat- CND Stickey Base Coat and Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat. (same as always)

Nail polishes- NYC- Water street blue ( I don't think you can find this in the stores anymore, but you can always find this color in another brand), Sally Hansen- Hard as Nails - No hard feelings, and Sinful Colors- Frenzy.
.
Acrylic paint- white, yellow, blue, and red (yellow, blue, and red to make a brown colored paint)

Nail art brushes- two thin detailed brushes. 

Other- a small jar or cup to put water in, to clean off your nail art brushes. 

Let's start this Sunflower nail design!

Sunflower Nail DesignSunflower Nail Design

As all ways start off with a thin layer of base coat to protect your natural nails and to help your polish to last.

Then let that dry, then once that has dried polish your thumb, middle, and pinky nail with a ocean or water colored blue (I used NYC- Water street blue, I am not sure if NYC still makes nail polish, but you can always find this color in another brand.) On your index and ring finger nail polish those nails with a light purple (I used Sally Hansen- Hard as Nails - No hard feelings.) Also on the pinky nail I just polished some blue and purple glitter over the blue polish.

 Sunflower Nail Design
   Sunflower Nail Design

 Sunflower Nail Design
   Sunflower Nail Design, on thumb nail

Let your base colors dry and then we will start to make our sunflowers. On all of the nails I made each sunflower a little bit different. On the thumb nail I made two half flowers, the index a half flower near the cuticle, the middle finger nail a whole flower, then a half flower near the tip of the nail and then on the ring finger nail I made a large half flower.

For all of the sunflowers you first start off with the center part of the flower. I mixed blue, yellow, and red to make a brown colored paint because I don't have a brown paint. For the half flower just make half a circle and fill that in and then make some yellow dots in the middle for the seeds.

For the petals I used two yellows, one yellow I just added some white paint to it to change it up some. To make the petals you just make triangle shapes, and switch between the two yellows for each petal. 

 Sunflower Nail Design
    Sunflower Nail Design

Once you have your sunflowers the way you like apply a top coat to seal in your design and to help your design to last all spring and summer, or at lest a few days or a week. 

Sunflower Nail Design
    Sunflower Nail Design, on right hand
 Sunflower Nail Design
          Sunflower Nail Design, on right thumb nail

A lot of time on my right hand I like to keep that design more simple. On my right hand I did the sunflower design on just my thumb and ringer finger and applied the blue and purple glitter on my index, middle, and pinky nails. 

Hope all of you enjoyed this sunflower nail design!

See you next time for more nail fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment