Happy St. Patrick's Day! Final nail design.
Here are the polishes and tools used for this St. Patty's day nail design:
* Yes they're a lot of polishes used for this design, but most of them you will only use
a little bit of.
Top coat and base coat- Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat and Nicole OPI- 3in1- base, top, & strengthener.
Nail polishes- OPI mini- Hawaii- That's Hula-rious, Color Club- Mini- Green glitter, Sinful Color- Mint Apple, Sinful Color- HD Nails, Color Club- Metamorphosis, Finger paints- Cubism Crimson, Sally Hansen- xterme wear- Sun kisses, Sinful Color-Let's Meet, NYC- Water street blue, Revlon- Scented parfume- Not so Blueberry, Revlon- Gold Coin.
Optional glitter for accent nail- Revlon- top speed- Hearts of gold fx.
Nail art polish/ stripper- Kiss nail art- Black.
Nail tools- Thin short brush, small tan flat brush,and a large dotting tool, and a small glass jar with nail polish remove in it to clean brushes.
The skill level for this St.Patrick's Day nail design is:
This design is a little bit difficult without being advanced. Their is a lot to this design with the pot of gold and the rainbow, the shamrock, and the leprechaun's belt. The pot of gold and rainbow have some small details that can be tricky to create. The shamrock also can be a little hard to make as well. As for the rest of the design, the leprechaun's belt is simple to make. Also on your none dominate hand this can be hard as well.
Let's start this St.Patty's nail design!
1. Start off with a layer of base coat.
2. Once your base coat has dried, it is now time for the greens. Paint your thumb nail a mint green, I used OPI Hawaii- That's Hula-rious, paint your index, middle, and pinky a light green; I used Sinful Color- Mint Apple, and then paint your ring finger a glitter green; I used Color Club- Metamorphosis.
3. For the simple part of this design on the ring finger nail, we will just be adding a silver- green glitter for an accent nail. For another option you can paint this nail gold with gold glitter. I actually did this for my right hand to have a subtle change.
4. Next we will make a shamrock on the thumb nail. Take your thin nail art brush dip it into a darker green, make one heart shape leaf, then another one upside down right under that first leaf you made. Then once you finished those two leaves do the same thing on the other side to make a four leaf clover/ shamrock.
*For just a side note, for some reason I have forgot to show all of you this step. This may just look like a big rainbow or splashes of color. This is how I do my nail art, I take a small or kind of large (as you can see in the photo above) spot of nail polish, that I dab onto a piece of paper or you can even use foil.Then I take my nail art brush and dab that in to the polish on that paper. I do this that way you don't have to keep dip your nail art brush into the nail polish bottle and risk drying out all of your polish.
5. For the somewhat tricky part we will be making the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, on the middle finger nail. First take your black nail art stripper polish, and make a curved line to where the pot will be off to the side, then draw a straight line above that then a box like shape above that with a small curve on the side.
6. Then fill in the pot shape with your black nail art stripper polish. Now we will let this dry and move on to the next nail.
7. For another simple design we will make the leprechaun's belt on the pinky nail. Take your black nail art stripper polish, draw one line near the tip of your nail then one above that, then fill that in.
8. As we let then leprechaun's belt dry we will go back to the pot of gold. Now let's make the gold in the pot. Take your large doting tool dipped in gold polish and dot the gold pieces on top of the gold pot. I did not do a set number of dot I just did enough to fill the top of the pot.
9. We finish the pot of gold, now the finishing touch the rainbow. Take your thin nail art brush dipped in red polish first, then make a thin line that curves a little bit from the pot of gold. Then clean your brush and go to the next color. Repeat this step until you have all the colors of the rainbow. The colors I used in order is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
You can start your rainbow at the top near the cuticle or near the end of the gold pieces, it is up to you on which method works the best.
10. On the index finger nail we will be making the other half of the rainbow. This can be done the same time as the other part of the rainbow on the middle finger nail or on it's own. If you don't want to keep cleaning off your brush as much, you can do both at the same time. I actually did this nail separate and started off near the tip of the nail. Just like the last step you can start near the cuticle or the tip of the nail it does not matter. Once again, do the same thing as step 9 to make a rainbow.
Left hand final design, with a green glitter accent nail.
Also to finish your leprechaun's belt, you need to add the buckle. Take your small tan flat brush dipped in gold polish and just swipe the brush in the middle of the belt. Once that has dried for a small detail, you can add a small square or just a black line in the middle of the gold buckle, you do this with your black nail art stripper polish.
Once your St.Patrick's nail design has dried apply a top coat to seal in your design.
Hope all of you enjoyed this St.Patrick's Day nail design, and have a fun and safe St.Patty's Day!
See you next time for my next design tutorial!