Friday, May 10, 2019

I Choose You Pikachu- Pikachu Nail Design

Hello everyone! Today we will be doing something just a little bit different, in celebration of the new movie, Detective Pikachu that came out today, May 10. I will be showing you a recreation of the Pikachu design that I did back in 2015, this will not be a step by step tutorial because this design is very similar to the one I created in 2015, but  I will still add a link to that design if any of you would like to create it. 

Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design 2015 and 2019 
 Pikachu Nail Design 2015 and 2019

As all of you may have guessed I am a big Pokemon/ Pikachu fan and I super excited to see the new Detective Pikachu Movie! I have been a fan ever since Pokemon came to the USA in the 90's and Pikachu has always been my favorite. So I thought I would give the Pikachu design another try jut in time for the movie. 

As you can see from the photo above I did make a little bit of a change, on the thumb nail I add a teal background, I put Pikachu near the cuticle, and I painted Pikcahu with acrylic paint instead of polish like I did on the first design.
  
Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design 2015 and 2019
Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design 2015 and 2019

Then on the ring finger nail I made the Poke Ball/ a circle that did not covering up the whole nail on the same teal background. As for the other nails I decided to keep them the same, with the Poke Ball on the entire nail.   


Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design 2015 
 Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design 2015

With anything I feel that with time you can improve, looking back at the design I did back in 2015, I feel like I did better this time around, I mean the design I did back in 2015 when I first started this blog was still good, but I can tell that I have improved. The main thing I noticed is the cuticle area looks better now. 

 Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design
Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design 2019

Even the redo design that I did, I would still not mind recreating/ changing up this design again just to see if I can do better. On the design I created now, I did make the center parts of the Poke Balls a little big. Also what you can't see in the photo is I actually had to redo Pikachu on thumb because I messed up, but after waiting a while and trying again he came out really good.  


Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design
Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design 
Pikachu Design on thumb nail 

For this design I really wanted to recreate this design for the movie and just to see how I could improve on the design that I did back in 2015. Also along with the design it's self I feel like I have also improve on the photo as well. I do use a pro camera, well starter camera the Canon EOS Rebel T3 (this is a older camera, but still good), at first back in 2015 I took my photos next to a window, which is not always reliable, now I used a day time photography like bulb. I take my photos both then and now, in front of a box that I have covered with white paper or now sometimes a black piece of fabric. My set up is not fancy at all it is very basic, but I try to make my photos look like they are not just taken with a cellphone camera.    
Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design
Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design
Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design 

Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design 
Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design 
Pokémon Pikachu Nail Design  

If you would like to create this design as well, here is the link to my first design called
 Pika- Pika and you can have you nails ready to see Detective Pikachu too.

Hope all of you enjoined this post even if it was not a step by step tutorial, but just a then and now.

See you next time for more nail fun!    

No comments:

Post a Comment