Friday, January 22, 2016

Hello Hello Kitty- OPI Review

Hello everyone! Today on the M.M.M blog we have a two for one, a review and tutorial! If keep up to date with all the new nail polish collections out there, then you know that OPI just recently released a new collection, the Hello Kitty collection. If you are anything like me then this collection made you feel excited, just because it is Hello Kitty. 

Hello Kitty Duo pack coin in my purse set
 Hello Kitty Duo pack coin in my purse set in the box. My set was a little crushed.

First off we will start with a mini review. As you can see I didn't buy the whole collection just the duo box set with two of the polishes. This collection has 12 polishes with one special edition polish. As you may have guessed this collection has a lot of pinks in it, along with a few other colors such as yellow, blue, and a black. I personally felt like this collection didn't have very many unique looking colors, many of the colors can be found in other collections or brands. That is why I decided to get the duo set, with one of the polishes Starry Eyed For Dear Daniel (the glitter pink) seem like it was one of the most unique, and maybe one other. 

If you are interested in seeing the other colors here is a link to Ulta's website: 

 Hello Kitty Duo pack coin in my purse set.
 Hello Kitty Duo pack coin in my purse set.

As for the two polishes in the set, here is the first one.
 
OPI Hello Kitty Collection, Look at My Bow!
Look at My Bow! is described as a sweet- girl pink, or a light bubble gum pink. This is a creme polish that was opaque for me in three coats. This polish went on a little streaky for me, it may have been because I used the Zoya Naked Base coat. Other wise this might have gone on fine in two coats.

OPI Hello Kitty Collection, Starry- Eyed For Dear Daniel   
Next is Starry- Eyed For Dear Daniel is described as a pink super glitter. This is a pink miro- glitter polish that was opaque in three coats, it was a little shear on the first coat but easily bulidable. This was one of the few colors that I thought was unique, along with the color Charmmy & Sugar (another glitter) which I didn't purchase.  

This Duo also came with a cute coin purse (show in the photo above) it is very small but cute. I just use it to hold tissue paper, not coins.

I got my duo at my local Sally beauty's for $16.99

Over all this collection is kind of meh, due to the lack of uniqueness of colors. The main reason why I was excited about this collection was the nostalgic feeling it gave me with Hello Kitty. I have liked Hello Kitty for a long time, ever since I was little and thought that would be a cool collection.

Their also are some other Hello Kitty set that OPI came out with, here are the links below:

OPI Say Hello To Pretty Pedi Kit $16.99 at Sally Beauty


Hope all of you enjoyed this mini review, I decided to break this post into two, other wise it would have been to long. 

Also don't forget to check out the Hello Kitty tutorial next!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment