Friday, May 13, 2022

Products We Love that Get Discontinued- Nail Care

Hello everyone! We all have certain products that we have been using for a long time maybe even for years, then we run out of these products and we go to the store or online to get more of this item and we can't find it. 😭 Then we later find out this product is discontinued and we can no longer get this item, now what do we do? Today I will be going over some nail care products that I have been using for a long time and sadly I can not find these products anymore and what products I use instead. 


This sadly has happen to all of use, and with the pandemic happen there has been a lot of supply chain issues and small business that might have gone out of business. 

I am going to talk about the first item that I am very sad that I can't get this nail care item anymore. 


That item is Nail Butter. I have been using Nail Butter since 2014 or 2015, I found out about this product from a few YouTubers that I am subscribed to, they had said that it had really helped out their nails and cuticle area. This product you could only buy online on NailButter.com, it was a small business ran by lady name Christine that lives in Georgia. 

Nail Butter I felt did wonders for my nails, before the skin around my nails would have small pieces of loose skin that would keep showing up (I know sounds kind of gross, but it was not as gross as it sounds.) then after using Nail Butter it went away. At first you use this twice a day morning and night, then after a month you use it only at night. This in combo with the CND Solar Oil has done wonders for my nails. 

I am beyond sad that I can't get anymore after my last jar is gone. 😭 Nail Butter does last a very long time, a small jar last me about a year or even just a little longer. 

In 2020 In November I did order my last jar of Nail Butter and I kind of had a clue then that might be my last jar because it took a month to get to me and usually it doesn't take that long Georgia is not far from me. 

Once my last jar of Nail Butter is gone, I will try the cuticle butter from Lush the Lemony Flutter. I have heard that this product is good, so we shall see. I just would rather by Nail Butter to support a small business, but sadly Nail Butter is no more.

Here is my review of Nail Butter from 2016: butter-up-with-nail-butter


Next we have a Top Coat that I have been using for many years, that I can not find anymore.


The Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat, I don't even remember how long I have been using this top coat it has been that long. Before this top coat I loved a topcoat from Sally Hansen called No Chip Acrylic Top Coat, then all of a sudden it just didn't seem to work as well, so I found the Revlon top coat. 

Revlon is mainly a makeup brand and for the past few years I have been having a harder time even find their nail polishes, I could only find the top coat at Meijer. Then once again at the beginning of 2022 I could not find this top coat. I am not sure if this was because of supply chain issues or if Revlon plains to not make nail polish anymore.


Now I have been using the CND Super Shine High Gloss Top Coat, the one with a pink tint to it. This one has been good so far, I use this with any polish and the CND Stickey Base for my base coat.  

That was the product that where just recently discounted for this year, really I am especially sad about Nail Butter.

As for some other products that I have loved over the years, that where discounted sometime ago.  

The Yes To Carrot Body Butter, I loved using this body butter on my hands day and night it didn't seem to thick or greasy. I had gone though so many jars of this body butter, then sadly Yes To don't make this anymore. 

As for lotion that I use now, it changes all the time. Right now I have been using the Cerave Moisturizing cream in the morning/ day because it is not to greasy and moisturizes well. Then at night I use the Gold Bound Aloe lotion, this lotion is thick and kind of greasy that why I save it for night time use. In the winter, at night I use the Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Nighttime balm, this stuff is very thick and great for dry winter skin. 

Before this I was using a lotion from Hempz the pineapple and melon lotion, this lotion smells amazing, then my hands started to not like it and I got a rash on my hands, so that why I have been using the Cerave lotion. 


Next we have a scrub that I used on my hand for a long time.


The Yes To Coconut Body Scrub, this was another product that I loved and used for a long that they stopped making. Now the Yes To line just makes face products no more body care. 

For hand scrubs I have tried Shea Moisture body scrub, that was more of dry scrub formula that was ok. Then I tried the Tree Hut Mango sugar scrub that one I felt like was similar to the Yes To Coconut. 

At first I would us this scrub all over my hands and nails (I use a brush just on the nail area only) after removing polish, then a few day later before applying polish. Then when my skin started to get intreated for the lotion I was using, I just us the scrub on my palms and finger/ nails after removing nail polish, so just once a week. 



Recently I found this scrub the Beloved Coconut and Warm Vanilla Whipped body butter. I feel like this one is great for the hands if you want to use a scrub, due to the whipped formula it has a lotion feel to it and a very little bit of sugar grit to it, plus it smell good too. 

Well that is all of the products that I can think of that I loved that have been discontinued, some products where easy to find new possible favorites(I don't want to say replacement, because I feel like that just sounds bad), other it is a on going search, like lotions.

Hope all of you enjoyed this post of product that I loved that I can no longer find. I know we all have been there. 😓 Hopefully a lot of product that we love will stick around forever, we can only hope. 😔

Also here is a link to my nail care routine that I did back in 2017, for the most part it is still then same, just a few product changes. updated-nail-and-hand-care-routine

See you next time for more nail fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment