To celebrate the Super Bowl, for this week I decided to create a Super Bowl themed nail design for all of you.
Final nail design- 2015 Super bowl nail design
Here are the nail polishes and tools that are used in this Super Bowl nail design:
Top Coat and Base Coat- Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat and - Nicole OPI- 3in1- base, top, & strengthener.
Nail polish- Sinful Color- HD Nails, Jane- Bolt from the blue, Sally Hansen- xtreme wear- White on, NYC- big apple red creme, NYC- Brownstone, and Sinful Color- Midnight blue.
Nail art polishes- Kiss nail art- White and Silver.
Nail art tools- Tape and scissors (not many tools at all other than the nail art polishes)
The Skill level for this Super Bowl nail design is:
This nail design for the most part is simple, with the use of tape as a guide for the team colors and simple designs for the field and football, makes this design good for beginners. The only thing that can be a little bit hard is trying to get the lines straight for the field and the football.
Now let's begin this Super Bowl nail design!
1. As always start off with a thin layer of base coat
2. Paint your thumb and pinky nail green for the grass, the ring finger brown for the football. For now leave the index and middle nail blank, we will do that next.
3. Next we will be making the design for the two teams. Cut four thin pieces of tape,then place the tape on your hand a few times to make the tape less sticky, you don't want to take up your base coat. Then place two pieces of tape on your nail, one across the tip and the other on a slant (like the photo above.)
4. Once you have placed the tape on the nail. On the index nail paint a navy blue on the top and a green in the middle for the Seahawks. On the middle finger paint a silver on the top and a white in the middle for the Patriots.
5. Once you have the colors opaque enough take the tape off. You don't need to let the polish dry.
6. If needed you can fix the area that you just painted a little bit wider (which I need to do.) Then take your navy blue and paint the tip of the nail.
7. Then take a silver polish and fill in the last blank space. I found it a little bit easier to use a nail art stripper/ polish, this helped to try and get the lines straight. Now you have the design for the Seahawks.
8 &9. For these two steps repeat steps 6 and 7 for the Patriots design.
10. Next we will make the football field on the thumb nail and pinky nail. Take your white nail art polish/ stripper and slowly make a thin line at the top and bottom of the nail.
11. Then once again make small thin lines on both sides for the yard lines. Once you finished the thumb nail, do the same thing on the pinky nail.
12. Last but not least is the football on the ring finger. Take your white nail art polish/ stripper and at the top and bottom of the nail make two thin lines, then fill that in.
13. To finish off the football, we will make the stitching of the football. Once again take your white nail art polish/ stripper, draw a small line in the middle, and draw a few small lines over that line.
One your Super Bowl ready nails have dried, apply a shine top coat on all the nails except the ringer finger nail or the football nail. For the football apply a matte topcoat, for a more football look.
For this design, whichever team you are routing for you can paint your index and middle both either the New England Patriots or the Seattle Seahawks.
Hope all of you enjoyed this Super bowl nail design. This is a great way to show your team spirit at the Super Bowl parties you attend or if you are lucky enough to go to the game.
See you next time for my next design tutorial!