Friday, August 15, 2014

Hand & Cuticle Care

Hello everyone! For this weeks post I wanted to do something a little different/ special to somewhat celebrate my birthday with all of you. This week I will be doing 2 post 1 about nail & cuticle care and the 2nd post about about nail care. As all of you know, their are more to nails than just painting them, you also need to take care of them as well. 
I have always found these kinds of posts interesting just to see what other people do and use for their nail care routine, so I thought I would share with all of you my nail, hand, and cuticle routines as well.

I just want to start off by saying this is just the routine that I do to take care of my hands and cuticles. It may not necessarily work for everyone,but feel free to give these products a try.



I will 1st start off with the product that I use before I paint my nails. After I take off my old nail polish I use this Premier Dead sea salt hand scrub. I just use a spoon full of the hand scrub and put it in my hands, rub my hands together, then take the small orange brush and rub the hand scrub on and under my nails, then rinse the hand scrub off with warm water and then dry my hands off. 
This hand scrub works well but is way too over priced. I bought this at the mall for $30, and it also came with body butter for $30 as well (that I didn't really like.). This is just way too much to spend on hand scrub and body butter. Unless you really like the product I do not recommend buying this due the price. Next time I will just be making my own hand scrub that will hopefully work just as well.


The next product that I sometimes use (I usually use this before I cut my nails) is the Sally Hansen Instant cuticle remover. The directions on the back tell you to squeeze on to the cuticles, wait 15 seconds, then gently push the cuticles back with a cuticle pusher. Then wash your hands with soap and water right away because it says on the box not to leave this product on for no longer than 1 minute. 
I do like this stuff, although at first I was unsure because it just seemed to make your cuticles feel really weird, so I was unsure if I was using it right (maybe I was not leaving it on long enough?) 
- Sally Hansen Instant cuticle remover cost $4.99. 


 Another cuticle product I absolutely love! Is the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. On the back of this product it says that this all natural, nourishes weak nails and softens dry cuticles. For this cuticle cream you just massage a little of this product into and around all of your nails.
As stated above I love this cuticle cream, it smells really good like lemonade and has the consistency of chap stick. I use this product every night and it really does work well. Before I  started to use this I had a problem with dry skin on the side of my nails (especially on the sides of my nails on my right hand.) Then, once I stared to use this around my nails every night, they became much better (I still sometimes have this problem, but not as much.) 
- Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream cost $5.99.


Last but not least is another product that I love, The Yes to Carrots Body Butter. This is another product that is supposed to be natural. This is a very thick lotion, that all you need is a small amount of. If you do end up using a little too much it can be a little greasy, but all you need to do is wipe some of it off and rub it in. The body butter does adsorb into your skin very well and if you use a small amount is not greasy.
This body butter works really well especially if you have dry skin. I use this body butter in the morning and at night after I apply the Burt's Bees cuticle cream. Sometimes due to where I live, in the winter months I use this lotion a little more just to help my hands from drying out and cracking. 
- The Yes to Carrots Body Butter cost $9.99.   


Also, the body butter and cuticle cream last me about a year, and the hand scrub and cuticle remover about 2 years. This is due to me only using a little at a time. A little goes a long way!  

Hope everyone enjoyed this hand and cuticle post and maybe even give these products a try for yourself. Also, don't forget to check out my post after this one on Nail care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment