Friday, November 4, 2016

Try Again! Glitter Bomb Polishes

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a nice fall, even thought in the state I live in the weather has been very weird, like yesterday and today the weather has been in the 70's, which is not normal for where I live. Anyways today we are going to give two polishes that I purchased from Live Love Polish another go. These polishes have a lot of glitter in them and where kind of tricky to work with, even the second time around. I wanted to give these polishes another try because I felt like the first time I did not apply them correctly and these polishes are so pretty, I just felt like I did not show their true beauty the first time around.

Fun Lacquer Million Dollar Dream and Powder Perfect Forbidden City
Fun Lacquer Million Dollar Dream and Powder Perfect Forbidden City


The two polishes that we will be retrying are Fun Lacquer Million Dollar Dream and Powder Perfect Forbidden City.  

Fun Lacquer Million Dollar Dream 
 Fun Lacquer Million Dollar Dream first try.

We will first start off with the beautiful glitter bomb that is Million Dollar Dream! As you can see in the photo above when I just polished on each coat it still look patchy.

Fun Lacquer Million Dollar Dream    Fun Lacquer Million Dollar Dream second try.

The second time around I did what Live Love Polishes website said to do on applying this polish. I polished on the first coat, then for the second coat I took a makeup sponge and polished some on a sponge then sponged on the polish. You do have to do this a few times to get full opacity. 

Powder Perfect Forbidden City 
  Powder Perfect Forbidden City first try.

The next polish that we will retry is Powder Perfect Forbidden City. The first time I applied two layers of the polish (with base coat under that polish) and I used my favorite top coat Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat, which is a thin top coat, this made the polish still not look smooth and as shinny even after three coat of top coat.

Powder Perfect Forbidden City
  Powder Perfect Forbidden City second try. 

The second time I applied this color with a thicker top coat, OPI RapiDry. This was suggested by the person that runs Live Love Polishes Facebook page, I had commented on this polish saying that I couldn't get this polish to look like the photo on the website, and they suggested to use a thicker top coat like Seche Vite. 


Final thoughts:

Fun Lacquer Million Dollar Dream 
   Fun Lacquer Million Dollar Dream

As for Fun Lacquer Million Dollar Dream, I love this polish! From the moment I first saw this on Live Love Polish and even the first time I polished this on my nails I thought this color was amazing, and in the sunlight it looks even more amazing if that where even possible for this polish. I do say the second time around it did look even better not patchy. I did sponge on the polish a few times and it did seem to get a little thick. Due to this polish being a dense glitter it will be hard to remove, it was the first time and probably even more so now that it is sponged on. I would suggest using pure acetone, cotton and foil on your nails (the same way you remove gel polish) to remove this polish.

Powder Perfect Forbidden City         Powder Perfect Forbidden City

As for Powder Perfect Forbidden City, this polish is also very pretty. This polish has a very thick formula on it's own and adding a thicker top coat definitely makes it even thicker. I do say the second time it looked better, but still not like the photo on the website on, on the website this polish looks very smooth and shinny. In the photo above I used a base coat, the Revlon top coat (which I should not have done that), and two coats of RapiDry. I am not sure why I decided to use the Revlon top coat with the RapiDry because this made the polish look to thick. I should have just used only the RapiDry, but oh well their is always next time. 

Like these polishes? Here is the links to purchase these polishes from Live Love Polish.com

fun lacquer-million dollar dream $16.00

powder perfect-forbidden city $12.50 

Also sign up for their email list to get discounts (they usually have 10% discounts on their polishes) and they will let you know when new polishes come to the site. If you are a first time customer you can get 10% off your first purchase as well.

If you would like to see the M.M.M review of these to polishes (and other polishes that I reviewed at the same time) here is the link to those post.


The review of Forbidden City 

 The review of Million Dollar Dream


Hope all of you enjoyed this post of try some very pretty/ glittery polishes again!

See you next time for more wild and bright nail fun! 
            

No comments:

Post a Comment