Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Happy Birthday Nail Design

Hello everyone! Today's post we will be celebrating a big birthday of mine. My birthday is August 16 and it is a milestone birthday and what better way to celebrate then with a birthday nail design. I am starting to get a little up in age now, but that does not mean that you have to act your age, their is nothing wrong with acting younger than you actually are, which I do all the time. I personal feel that if you do act your age that is kind of boring I personal know people that act like grumpy adults and that is no way to live. Also the older I get the more things in life I have realized, which is not good things unfortunately, which I will not get into in this blog. Anyway if you have an August birthday (or really anytime) like me then you can create this design on your nails as well. 

Happy Birthday Nail Design

Here are the polish and nail art tools used to create this birthday nail design:

Happy Birthday Nail Design
Base and top coat- CND Stickey Base Coat and CND Super Shiney Top Coat. 

Polishes- Pretty& Polished- Donut Ever Let Me Go, China Glaze- Dippin Dots- Arctic Confetti, Finger Paints- Heavenly Hues, Nicole by OPI- That's Just Plain Nuts!, and Pretty& Polished- Double, Double, Toil and Truffle. 
Acrylic paint- Black, white, blue, red, green, and yellow.

Nail art brushes- Thin striper and detail brush. 

Other- Water to clean off your nail art brushes. 

Happy Birthday Nail Design

Apply a topcoat to clean dry nails. Let that dry.

Polish-

Thumb and index nails- a light pink polish with sprinkles like pieces in it (Pretty& Polished- Donut Ever Let Me Go.)

Middle finger nail- a light pink polish with neon spindle like pieces in it (China Glaze- Arctic Confetti) or you can just use the same polish that you used on your thumb and index nails.

Ring finger nail- a periwinkle blue (Finger Paints- Heavenly Hues) 

Pinky nail- a brown cream polish first and then a brown polish with copper glitter pieces in it. (Nicole by OPI- That's Just Plain Nuts!, and Pretty& Polished- Double, Double, Toil and Truffle)

Happy Birthday Nail Design

Happy Birthday Nail Design


Happy B- Day on the Ring Finger Nail: 

First I wanted to start off my letting you know that the thumb, index and middle finger nails are going to look like frosting on a cake and the pinky nail like chocolate. The pinky nail will stay as is just looking like chocolate, that is my favorite kind of sweets/ candy. 

The ring finger nail we will be painting Happy B-Day on, this can be a hard thing to do paint, just lay your hand on the table that you are polishing, take a thin striper brush with black paint on it and slowly start to paint the letters for Happy B-day, I thought it was a little easier to paint the words vertically that way their is enough space for all the words on the nail.

Happy Birthday Nail Design

Candles on the Middle Finger Nail: 

Next we will create the candles on the middle finger nail. Take a thin detail brush with red paint and make a thin line near the tip of the nail, repeat this step for blue and yellow and if you would like to make more candles on your nails you can do so as well. 

Once that has dried you can then add strips to your candles the red and blue I just made white stripes and then out line the candles, then the yellow one I just outline and added blue stripes.

For the flames on the candle make a diamond like shape right above your candles that you just made, if you would like you can outline them with black paint.


Balloons on the Index Finger Nail: 

We will be making five balloons on the index nail, you can always make more if your nails are longer. Take a detail brush with red paint on it and make a circle near the left side of the cuticle fill that in and then at the bottom of your circle make the neck of your ballon. Repeat this step for each ballon yellow, blue, green, and another red balloon. 

For the strings take a long stripper brush with white paint on it and make a wavy line coming from each balloon. For your final detail take that same striper brush with white paint on it and make a line on each ballon and a small dot for the reflection. 

Happy Birthday Nail Design

Birthday Cake on the Thumb Nail: 

Lastly we will make our Birthday cake, my favorite kind of cake is of course chocolate cake. For our thumb nail we will be making a cake that has pink frosting and chocolate frosting, and the cake it self is chocolate which you can't see. 😉 

To make the shape of your cake take a thin striper brush with black paint on it and make a square shape that is round at the top, then for the chocolate frosting make three wavy lines, fill that in with a brown polish and then take that same polish that you used for the pinky nail and go over the brown polish. 

For the final touch our candles, I made 5 candles because that was what fit on the cake. Take a thin detail brush with blue paint on it and make 5 small line on top of the cake and then five small flames on top of the candles. 

Happy Birthday Nail Design

Once your birthday nails are all ready for your big celebration apply a top coat to seal in your design and to help it to last. 

Hope all of you enjoyed this Birthday nail design and if you are celebrating an August birthday or a big birthday or any birthday Happy Birthday to you! Also if you made it this far in the blog and you wonder what big birthday I am celebrating this year I am turning 40, which I can't believe I often don't feel like it (until my legs start hurting🙃) and I don't really look my age, I have always been mistake for looking younger all of my life and as stated above I don't act my age and I see nothing wrong with that! 

See you next time for more nail fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment