For this weeks design we will be making Boo the world's cutest dog inspired nails.
Also, if you don't know, Boo is a boy Pomeranian that is 8 years old, and does not have a normal Pomeranian hair cut. His hair is cut like a teddy bear (which makes him so adorable!) and he became famous on Facebook.
Also he has a brother that frequently shows up along with Boo on his Facebook, his name Buddy, and he is also a Pomeranian that has a normal hair cut (but still cute.)
Here is Boo the dog life size plushy (one of the many Boo items that I have)
The final Boo design on the left hand.
Base and top coat- Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat, and Nicole OPI- 3in1- base, top, & strengthener.
Nail polishes- Snowman purple polish- ice cream cone, Sinful Color- Cinderella, Jane- Bolt from the blue, NYC- Prospect Park Bloom, NYC- Fashion Safari, Sally Hansen- Hard as Nails- black heart, NYC- SoHo, Sally Hansen- xtreme wear- White on, and NYC- Water street blue.
Nail art polishes- Color Club nail art- Black, and Kiss nail art- White.
Nail art tools- Small glass jar for nail polish remover to clean nail art brushes, dotting tool, and a small thin nail art brush (The DL professional 10pc nail art brush from Sally Beauty, I numbered them from 1 largest - 10 smallest, this one I number brush 9.)
The skill level for this Boo the dog design is:
This design does have quite a few steps (14 steps). For the most part the design is simple with some tricky parts to it, such as creating the word Boo on three of the nails. Also creating Boo the dog can be a little difficult, such as creating his nose and the curve of his mouth.
1. Start off with a base coat.
2. Paint all of your nails a light blue, except for your pinky nail that will be painted a dark navy blue.
3. First we will start off with the pinky nail which is just a simple stripe design, this represents the blue striped shirt that Boo likes to wear. Take your white nail art polish and slowly drag the white stripper to the other side. You may need to do this on the other side as well. Do this until you reach the tips of the nails.
4. Next the kind of tricky part the B for Boo's name. If you checked out last weeks post on the Little Big Planet design this is done the same way, if not don't worry I will go over it again. To create the B for Boo on the index nail, take your black nail art polish and draw a vertical line, then for the curve in the B, I broke this part down into two parts to make it a little bit easier. For the top part of the B, I first drew half a curve lifted up the brush and then drew the second part of the curve, for the bottom half of the B you redo the last step for the top part.
5 & 6. For the O's in Boo's name we will make two O's, one on the middle finger nail and another on the ring finger nail. Take your black nail art polish and first make one curved line at the top and another at the bottom, then connect the two curved lines on each side.
7. Next it's time to create the adorable Boo the Pomeranian. Take your light peach colored polish and draw a curved line at the top and bottom, then fill in the circle. Make sure to leave a little bit of light blue at the top and bottom.
8. Next the cute teddy bear like ears. Take your thin nail art polish and dip it into a tan colored polish. Make to curved lines at the top of the head and fill them in. You may need to go over this a few times to get it opaque enough.
9. Once your light peach has dried take your tan polish and about half way down Boo's face paint this part tan. Make sure to leave a little bit of light peach at the bottom, you may also need to go over the peach part again to make it opaque enough. The colors I used where very sheer.
10. Now for the eyes. Take the larger end of your dotting tool dipped in black polish and dot two eyes onto his face. Make sure to clean off your dotting tool.
11. Next is his nose. Take your black nail art polish and draw a upside down triangle like shape, and then fill it in.
12. Our world's cutest dog is all most done. For the mouth, once again take your black nail art polish and draw a curved line under his nose, then another curved line under that that connects. For his tongue, take the smaller end of your dotting tool dipped into pink polish and make a small tongue. Once that has dried fill in the small parts on the side of the mouth with black polish.
13. For this design on the index, middle, and ring finger on the right hand I did a different design. On the index finger we will make paw prints scattered around the nail (four of them, or more depending on the length of your nails). Dip the clean large end of your dotting tool into black polish and make four large dots. Then around the larger dots, with your smaller end of the dotting tool dipped in black, make three small dots.
* If needed refer to the photo after step 14.
14. Next is the dog bones on the middle finger. Take your dotting tool dipped in white polish and dot two dots next to each other.
Left hand Boo nail design
Then take your dotting tool and drag it down to make a line, then at the bottom make two more dots. Repeat this step as many times as you like to make more bones, I made two bones.
For the ring finger nail I just made a bunch of colorful dots with purple and blue polish, using the large end for the blue and the small end for the purple polish.
Right hand Boo nail design
Once your Boo the word's cutest dog design has dried, finish this look off with a top coat.
Once again this is an M.M.M original, along with last Friday's design of Little Big Planet- Sackboy design. I really like Boo the dog and thought it would be cool to make a Boo inspired nail design.
Hope everyone enjoyed this Internet sensation pet- Boo the word's cutest dog nail design!
See you next time for my next design tutorial!