Friday, June 20, 2014

Their is going to be a Half Moon- Half Moon Design




Hello everyone! For my 2nd post I will be doing a nail design called Half Moon. I have seen this done many times on the internet and this will be my interpretation of this very popular design.


The polishes I used for this design are Revlon's No chip topcoat, New York Color- Water Street Blue, OPI Nicole- A Lit-Teal Bit of Love, and Kiss nail art stripper in Silver. I also used hole punch stickers, that are cut in half to help with the half-moon design. 


 
First apply a base coat (as stated in my first blog, I don't use a base coat, but you really should use one). Then I applied two coats of Water Street Blue half way up the nails, I tried this method because I like to try and use as few coats of polish as possible so my polish will hopefully last longer. 

 
After the Water Street Blue polish has dried, take the hole punch stickers that have been cut in half, and stick them on the nails.


Now using A Lit-Teal Bit of Love, paint the top part of the nails, it's okay if you get some polish on the stickers. 

If the color does not look opaque enough add another layer of A Lit-Teal Bit of Love, I ended up adding 3 coats to make the polish look opaque enough. 

Now you can take the hole punch stickers off, the polish does not have to be completely dry. Unfortunately as you can see I did not go up high enough with the Water Street Blue Polish. 


This can be easily fixed by just painting in the area that does not have enough polish. Once everything is dry, apply a topcoat.


Here is the finished design. As a last minute choice, I decided to add a silver line using Kiss nail art stripper to try and make the curved line show a little bit better. 
For the next time I do this design I think it would be better to put the hole punch stickers lower, that way the lower part will look more oval.

 As with any design this this can be done with many different color combinations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment