Saturday, July 30, 2022

Dippin Dots Collection Review

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a good summer. Sorry that it has been a while since I have posted anything. Today we have a fun collection from China Glaze the Dippin' Dots Collection. Who remember Dippin' Dots being a big thing in the 90's, I remember just seeing them at theme parks and that they were suppose to be the ice cream of the future. Anyways when I first saw this collection I was very excited, due to the very bight colors in the collection. 

China Glaze Dippin Dots Collection

China Glaze Dippin Dots Collection


Let's take a look at the polishes in this collection. Also by the way I did not purchase all of the polishes in the collection, their is a blue and pink that look similar to polishes that I already own, so I decided to pass on those two. There is six polishes in this collection.

China Glaze Dippin Dots- Lemon Ice

China Glaze Dippin Dots- Lemon Ice

China Glaze Dippin Dots- Lemon Ice

China Glaze Dippin Dots- Lemon Ice

First we will start off with this super bright highlighter yellow called Lemon Ice. This as stated is a very bight highlighter with very fine/ small silver glitter in it. This was opaque for me in three coats, It was a little bit of a thicker formula, also if you are kind of messy when you polish this is a little hard to clean up due to the small glitter. 

China Glaze Dippin Dots- Frosty Lime

China Glaze Dippin Dots- Frosty Lime

China Glaze Dippin Dots- Frosty Lime

China Glaze Dippin Dots- Frosty Lime

Next we have another super bight highlighter color, Frosted Lime. Once agin this a very bright highlighter green with the same fine/ small sliver glitters in it. This was opaque for me in three coats. This had a thiner formula then Lemon Ice and I felt applied a little better.

China Glaze- Dippin Dots- Arctic Confetti

China Glaze- Dippin Dots- Arctic Confetti

China Glaze- Dippin Dots- Arctic Confetti

China Glaze- Dippin Dots- Arctic Confetti

Third we have Arctic Confetti, this is a white/ light pink crelly with rainbow confetti pieces in it. A crelly, if you don't know this is more common in Indie polish brands, they have a jelly like formula that is a little more sheer that way the glitter can show through. This was opaque for me in three coats. I like that China Glaze decided to do a more unique to main stream polish like this. Also this polish does look a lot like ice cream to me too, which is cool.

China Glaze- Dippin Dots- Rainbow Ice

China Glaze- Dippin Dots- Rainbow Ice

China Glaze- Dippin Dots- Rainbow Ice

China Glaze- Dippin Dots- Rainbow Ice

Lastly we have Rainbow Ice, a rainbow confetti topper that looks like sprinkles. This polish has way to much clear base in it which made it hard to apply, I actually had to poor this out on my nail mat to apply this topper to really get any of the pieces on to the nails. 

This polish I used as a base are from the China Glaze My Little Pony Collection, the pink is She's A Mane- Iac and the blue is Too Busy Being Awesome. I felt like these two polishes looked similar to the two in the Dippin' Dots Collection. 

In conclusion this collection is a very fun and bright collection, I feel like it does have a few unique polishes to it. I love the super bright highlighter colors; Lemon Ice and Frosted Lime, those two are my favorites. I do also surprisingly like Arctic Confetti even though it is a light pink/ white. The only one I would pass on is Rainbow Ice, due to it having too much clear base. 

You can purchase these at Sally's for $8.29 each. dippin-dots-nail-lacquer-collection

Hope all of you enjoyed this China Glaze Dippin' Dots Collection Review!

See you next time for more nail fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment